Thursday, September 29, 2011

My Greatest Blessings

I am tellin ya, I love my family! They are such sweet blessings from God. I look around me and see all of these people who can't do half the things I can with mine. We've always been told that us three girls (Rachel, Danielle, and I) are extremely feisty or on the other hand, that you never see us not laughing with one another. While it may be true that we do have a tendency to be opinionated on various topics, my sisters have got to be the most loving and compassionate people I have ever met. With 100% honesty, I can say that no matter how deep you are hurting, they will sit by your side and hurt just as much with you. They both, even my parents really, live out Romans 12:9-21. I've experienced that first hand.

They fight for things they care about (and I guess that's where the feisty personality comes in). I've always been the first to stand up for my family but fail to stand up for myself more than half the time and that's when they step in... EVERY time. How many siblings actually do that for each other?

My parents are awesome. I don't mean that lightly when I say it, either. Their love for the Lord is incredible to watch and it is an honor to live in their household! God has blessed my relationship with them so much over the years. They are real with me and aren't afraid to discuss things with me that make me uncomfortable (this may be why I never find things all that awkward). I love that I can go to them, no matter what the issue is, and talk about it without any hesitation. How many children can actually do that with their parents? Maybe I'll ask this, can you? With anything? If you can, you should also consider yourself BLESSED because not many kids, much less, teenagers have that type of relationship (even in a christian home).

Now don't get me wrong, my family is, by no means, perfect. We certainly have our own flaws but my sisters are my best friends. My parents are blessings that I don't deserve to have. Y'all, I encourage you to establish close relationships with your family. Don't be so foolish as to not share things with them. Also, I urge you to be that sibling who genuinely cares what is going on in their brother or sister's life. God did NOT make a mistake in placing you where you are... Get real with each other because honestly, I have no idea as to where I would be if it weren't the case with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment